Styling Your Bed for the Summer Season July 18 2017
With the warmer weather upon us it is the perfect time to make changes to your beloved bed.
- Declutter the room and put away items that may have accumulated over the winter.
- Do a thorough spring cleaning wash all pillow protectors and mattress pads, vacuum the mattress and turn.
- Remove bed skirts when the design allows to give a more open feel in the bedroom.
- Linen and cotton percale bedding are an excellent choice for summer sleeping. Voile is the lightest of cotton weaves.
- Use more rectangular shape shams to create simplicity.
- Add a coverlet to sleep under and fold the down duvet at the bottom of the bed.
- Incorporate favourite seasonal colors that embrace your senses such as coral, yellow and aqua.
- Change your duvet to a summer sleeping weight or new technical sleeping materials such as Tencel.
- If light isn't an issue add breezy ethereal panels to the window.
- Switch from wool and cashmere throws to cotton and silk. Store wool and cashmere in moth proof containers.
- Add decorative pillows in bright colors of linen and patterns that bring thoughts of carefree happy times. A white background in floral prints gives a light airy feeling.
Add solid linen pillows in bright colors.
We carry the largest selection of fine linens in Vancouver and are the primary source for your best sleep selection. Let us help you find your best sleep ever, email@example.com or chat with us 604-736-1828.